Update 12/29/20: The federal government has extended the federal unemployment benefit programs available through the CARES Act for an additional 11 weeks. Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) and Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) will be available through March 14, 2021, with qualified claimants’ benefits fully phasing out by April 5, 2021. Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) benefits will resume with $300 weekly payments until March 14, 2021.
To receive these extended federal benefits, continue to certify weekly while unemployedTường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắc. To allow your fellow New Yorkers to reach NYS DOL representatives about regular matters, please do not call to inquire about the federal program extensions at this time. As we receive additional guidance on the federal programs from US DOL, we will provide updates on our website, social media platforms, and directly via emails and texts.
- Waiting weeks for unemployment benefits have been waived during this crisis. If you’ve seen the term ‘waiting week’ on your payment history, it is a relic of our existing system and does NOT impact your benefits.
- To collect regular unemployment insurance benefits, you must be ready, willing, and able to work. We understand that many of you are unable to work due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of NYS on PAUSE. If you would otherwise be able to work, you should answer 'YES' in order to receive your benefits.
Unemployment Insurance is temporary income for eligible workers who lose their jobs through no fault of their own. .
If you are filing a new unemployment insurance claim, the day you should apply is based on the first letter of your last name.
- A - F file on Monday
- G - N file on Tuesday
- O - Z file on Wednesday
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcIf you missed your day:
- File Thursday - Sunday
- Any claim you file will be backdated to the date you became unemployed.
- If you are eligible, you will be paid for all benefits from that date forward.
What You Need to Know About Filing for Unemployment Insurance Benefits During the Pandemic:
- New York State is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines. If you’ve seen the term ‘waiting week’ on your payment history, it is a relic of our existing system and does NOT impact your benefits.
- On March 27, 2020, a law was signed that provides additional Unemployment Insurance assistance to workers impacted by COVID-19. This means that you may qualify to receive: Up to 39 weeks of UI benefits.
- An additional $600/week until the week ending 7/26/2020.
- (The $600 would be paid the first week of your unemployment claim period but no earlier than 4/5/20).
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcIf you are not traditionally eligible for unemployment benefits (self-employed, independent contractors, farmers, workers with limited work history, and others) and are unable to work as a direct result of the coronavirus public health emergency, you may now be eligible through Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA).
Learn more about
To qualify for Unemployment Insurance benefits, you must have worked and earned enough wages in covered employment. In New York State, employers pay contributions that fund Unemployment Insurance.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcYou must file an Unemployment Insurance claim to find out if you are eligible and learn your actual benefit amount.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcTo collect benefits, you must be ready, willing, and able to work, and actively looking for work during each week in which you are claiming benefits. We understand that many of you are unable to work due to the COVID-19 pandemic and New York State on PAUSE. If you would otherwise be able to work, you should answer 'YES' in order to receive your benefits.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcEstimate your weekly benefit amount with our benefit calculator.
PLEASE NOTE:Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắc If you are not traditionally eligible for unemployment benefits (self-employed, independent contractors, farmers, workers with limited work history, and others) and are unable to work as a direct result of the coronavirus public health emergency, you may now be eligible through Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA).
You will not be eligible for PUA if you can telework, or if you are receiving paid sick leave or other paid leave benefits (regardless of meeting a category listed above).
Related Resources and Links
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcIf you apply for unemployment insurance, you will be asked if you want to receive your benefits by or .
If you apply over the phone, you will automatically receive your benefits via debit card unless you had a previous claim and you received them by direct deposit.
Sign in or create a account and follow the instructions to file a claim.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcIf you have never filed a claim for benefits in New York State, you must create a PIN. This is a four-digit number that you must keep confidential. This PIN will be used to access the system to certify for weekly benefits and update your account.
Ready? Make sure you have with you:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver license or Motor Vehicle ID card number (if you have either one)
- Your complete mailing address and zip code
- A phone number where we can reach you from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday –Friday
- Your Alien Registration card number (if you are not a U.S. Citizen and have a card)
- Names and addresses of all your employers for the last 18 months, including those in other states
- Employer Registration number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) of your most recent employer (FEIN is on your W-2 forms)
- Your copies of forms SF8 and SF50, if you were a federal employee
- Your most recent separation form (DD 214), for military service
You can file a claim without all of these documents. However, missing information can delay your first payment.
If you cannot print web pages, have a pen and paper to copy information.
If you choose direct deposit of your weekly benefits, you will need your bank routing and checking account numbers. You cannot choose direct deposit if you file your claim by telephone.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcIt is best to apply for unemployment insurance online in the hours of 7:30AM - 7:30PM.
Apply By Telephone
Call our Telephone Claim Center, toll-free during business hours to file a claim.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 7:30 pm.
If you file by phone, we offer translation services. Use your phone keypad to enter the number for the language you choose. A voice recording will offer you these choices:
- All other languages
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcHave your helper call the Telephone Claims Center at 1-888-783-1370.
Call a relay operator first at 1-800-662-1220, and ask the operator to call the Telephone Claims Center at 1-888-783-1370.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcFor more information, see our fact sheet:
After you apply for unemployment insurance benefits, this is what you can expect:
- If you are eligible, your first payment will generally be made in two to three weeks from the time your claim is completed and processed. In some cases, we must get additional information before payment can be made and your first payment may take longer. We use this time to review and process your application for benefits. You will not receive benefits during this period. This is why you may see your claim status as “pending.”
- You should respond to any questionnaires, messages, or phone calls from us as quickly as possible. Failure to do so will delay your claim or result in the denial or suspension of your benefits. PLEASE NOTE: Like many New Yorkers, DOL representatives are working from home, so your caller ID may show "PRIVATE CALLER.” Anyone calling from DOL will verify their identity by providing: (a) the date you filed your application; & (b) the type of claim. Once you have been verified, a representative may ask for your social security number.
- If you received benefits on a prior claim by using a debit card and you no longer have the card, or if your card has expired, you must call KeyBank at 1-866-295-2955 to get a new card.
- If you filed a prior claim and you received benefits on that prior claim by direct deposit, any benefits due to you on this claim will go to the bank account we have on file. If your bank account has changed, please immediately update your banking information by using our website.
- To find out when your most recent payment was released or to see a history of all payments made on your claim, .
- After you complete your application for a new claim for benefits, you will receive a Monetary Determination in the mail informing you of your weekly benefit rate, the base period used to establish your claim, and the employers and wages used to calculate your weekly benefit rate.
- If the wages are wrong, or if any employers are missing, fill out and send to us the .
- To speed our review of your claim, be sure to submit proof of your employment and wages. If you have no pay stubs, please send any documents you may have that can be used as proof.
- You should certify for benefits for each week you remain unemployed, as soon as you receive notification from the DOL to do so.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcFor detailed information about Unemployment Insurance benefits, please read the Claimant Handbook.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcIt is against State and Federal law for the New York State Department of Labor to discriminate based on:
- National Origin
- Marital Status
- Political Affiliation or Belief
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity or expression
- Military Status
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcWe will evaluate your claim for UI benefits and decide if you qualify, without regard to any of these factors.