Please Note:Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắc The 2020-2021 Regular HEAP Benefit opens November 2, 2020.
What is HEAP?
The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps low-income people pay the cost of heating their homes.
How does it work?
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcIf you are eligible, you may receive one regular HEAP benefit per season and could also be eligible for an emergency HEAP benefit if you are in impending danger of running out of fuel or having your utility service shut off.
Are HEAP benefits available year-round?
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcNo, the application period normally begins in early to mid-November and continues into the winter, until funding for the program runs out.
Does it matter what my home’s heating source is?
HEAP may be able to help you if you heat your home with:
- Natural Gas
- Wood/Wood Pellets
Problem with your heating equipment?
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcYou may call your to apply for Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement benefits. The in-person interview and application requirement is temporarily suspended. The district will provide more information on how to submit the application and required documentation.
Who is eligible to receive HEAP?
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcYou may be eligible if:
- You and the members of your household are U.S. citizens, U.S. non-citizen nationals or qualified aliens; and
- You provide a valid Social Security number for each household member; and
- You receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, Temporary Assistance or Supplemental Security Income; or
- Your monthly household income is at or below the HEAP income guidelines.
- You may be eligible for HEAP, even if you:
- Own your home
- Pay for heat as part of your rent
- Have money in the bank, stocks, bonds or other resources
about current monthly income limits.
What is the Clean and Tune Benefit?
The HEAP Clean and Tune benefit opens November 4, 2019. Eligible households can receive energy efficiency services, which includes the cleaning of primary heating equipment, but may also include chimney cleaning, minor repairs, installation of carbon monoxide detectors or programmable thermostats, if needed, to allow for the safe, proper and efficient operation of the heating equipment. Benefit amounts are based on the actual cost incurred to provide clean and tune services, up to a maximum of $400. No additional HEAP cash benefits are available.
Your household may be eligible a Heating Equipment Tune-up benefit if:
- You are the homeowner
- Your household’s gross monthly income is at or below the current income guidelines for your household size as posted on the following table
- Your primary heating equipment is more than 12 months old
- Your primary heating equipment or chimney has not been cleaned within the last 12 months
- You do not have a service contract with your vendor that includes clean and tune services
Your household eligibility requirements include filing an application with your local department of social services, providing all necessary documentation, and the household must reside in an eligible living situation.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcReview to determine if you’re eligible to apply.
When HEAP season is open, you can apply for a Regular HEAP Benefit:
Apply online only if your household resides outside of New York City. This online application is not available for New York City residents.
In person:Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắc Both New York City residents and non-New York City residents can apply in person at your .
In writing / by mail: If you live outside New York City, print and mail the completed to your . New York City residents can mail their application to: HRA/HEAP, PO Box 1401, Church Street Station, New York, NY 10008
Please note: The above processes are for Regular HEAP benefits only. If you are facing an emergency situation outside the regular HEAP season, both New York City and non-New York City residents can apply for Emergency HEAP Benefits at your If you are eligible, a HEAP emergency benefit may be issued in addition to your regular HEAP benefit.
Ready to apply? Have with you:
- Proof of residency with one of the following:
- Rent receipt with address
- Copy of lease with address
- Water, sewer or tax bill
- Homeowner’s insurance policy
- Mortgage payment receipt
- Utility bill
- A current fuel or utility bill, or a statement from your landlord that your heat and/or utilities are included in your rent.
- Recent pay stubs to provide proof of total current monthly income for all household members.
- For each person in your household you will need one of the following:
- Photo ID
- Driver’s license
- Birth certificate or baptismal certificate
- School records
- Paperwork documenting a disability for anyone in your household
- Remember to sign your name on page 5 of the HEAP application.
- If you qualify for HEAP you will be notified no later than 30 business days from the date the local district received your HEAP application.
You can apply for cooling assistance to buy and install an air conditioner or a fan for your home. Your household is allowed one or the other, and the price cannot be more than $800 with installation. Like HEAP funding, cooling assistance funds are limited and are distributed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Tường thuật trực tiếp xổ số miền bắcYou must be a U.S. citizen or a qualified alien with a documented medical condition that is aggravated by heat. You must also meet certain income guidelines. to determine if you’re eligible to apply.
The 2020-2021 HEAP Cooling Assistance benefit opens May 3, 2021.
Where to apply:
You may apply for the HEAP Cooling Assistance with your .